Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata
The porting process for phone numbers can vary. Porting tips:
- We are only able to port-in active numbers that are on your account with the losing carrier. If you have disconnected service, we will not be able to port your number(s). Please plan to continue service with the losing carrier until after the port completes.
- The typical timeframe for most ports to be completed is 2-4 weeks. Minimum turnaround time is 7 days.
- The porting timeframe is controlled primarily by your existing carrier, and not much can be done from our side to move the process along any faster. You can help speed the process by providing accurate information. Any mismatch of data will cause a rejection and delay from your losing carrier. Each time we need to change information and re-submit the port request, it causes an additional delay.
- Please provide the service address for each telephone number, not the billing address. The service address must be a physical street address and not a P.O. Box. In some cases, such as with VoIP providers, the service address may be a corporate address of the provider, rather than your own address. Please check with your provider.
- Do not cancel service with your losing carrier until after we have advised you the port has completed, and you have made sure the ported numbers are working properly.
To port a phone number, follow these guidelines to make the process smooth and quick:
- Create a port request at our Support Center under the SIPStation Porting category. View this wiki on how to submit a Port Request.
- Upload a completed Letter of Authorization (LOA) in full. The signature must be within 30 days of the port request. The document must be legible – photos generally are not acceptable. Download the required LOA form here.
- Optional: Upload a copy of a recent invoice from within the past 30 days, showing the Company Name and phone number(s) you want to port. This is not required, but is helpful to prevent data mismatch rejections.
- Wait patiently for us to update you on your port request and a port date.
- If you do not hear back from us after 14 days, feel free to reply to your port request ticket asking for an update.
- We will make all efforts to keep you updated as we receive information from your existing carrier.
Cost and Fees for Number Porting
- There is a $10.00 per number fee for each number you want to port. This fee will be charged after we confirm a port date with your existing carrier.