The Presence Application lets you set your current status and control how calls are handled anytime you choose the status in the future. Status options, such as "Away "or "At Lunch," are controlled by the Presence State module in your PBX GUI that the admin of your PBX can setup. Any status changes done in this Presence Application are synced with the following other applications and any changes to your status in these applications are synced back to the Presence Application.
- XactView V3
- iSymphony V3
- User Control Panel included in FreePBX 12, or PBXact 10.12.65 or greater
- XMPP client connected to your PBX through the XMPP module
Table of Contents
Viewing your Current Status
- Upon entering the Presence Application on your phone you will be shown your current active status. In our example below, you can see this user's status is set to "Available".
Changing your Current Status
- From the Presence Application on your phone you can press the "Change" button to change your current status.
- From here you will see the current active status has a "*" in front of the text, such as "*Available".
- Scroll down to the status you want to set and press the "Select" button. This will change your status to your new status.
- If you chose "Away" like in our example above, you will see the "Presence" button is now lit red on your home screen when you exit the Presence Application. This is because you changed to a status that is considered not available. The center message bar will also show "Away".
Changing your Preferences For When a Status is Active
- Inside the Presence Application you can control your Preferences for what will happen anytime you set a status. For each status type you can set:
- Nothing- Anytime you change to a status that has this preference set, the system will not enable DND or Follow Me and calls will route no different than having no status set.
- Follow Me- Anytime you change to a status that has this preference set, the system will enable your Follow Me until you change to a status that is told to "Do Nothing" or enable "DND".
- DND- Anytime you change to a status that has this preference set, the system will enable your Do Not Disturb until you change to a status that is told to "Do Nothing" or enable "Follow Me".
- Pressing the "Prefs" button will bring up a list of all statuses, along with the current preference for each status. In our example, you can see that "Away" is told to enable Follow Me and "DND" is told to enable DND.
- Scroll down to the status that you would like to set a preference for and press the "Change" button. You'll then be presented with 3 options.
- Press the "Done" button when you've made your selection and your preference will be saved. Now the next time you toggle to that status the action you defined will be taken.