The Presence Application lets you set your current status and control how calls are handled anytime you choose the status in the future. The status options such as Away or At Lunch are control by the Presence State module on your PBX GUI that the admin of your PBX can setup. Any status changes done in this presence app are synced with the following other applications and any changes to your status in these applications are synced back to the Presence Application.
- XactView V3
- iSymphony V3
- User Control Panel included in FreePBX 12 or PBXact 10.12.65 or greater
- XMPP client connected to your PBX through the XMPP module.
Table of Contents
Viewing your Current Status
- Upon entering the Presence application on your phone you will be shown your current active status. As we can see below our status is set to "Available"
Changing your Current Status
- From the Presence Application on your phone you can press the "CHANGE" button to change your current status.
- From here we will see the current active status has a in front of the name such as (*Avaialble)
- Scroll down to the status you want to set and press the "SELECT" button. This will change your status to your new status.
- When we exit the Application we will see on our home screen the "Presence" button is now lit red since we changed to a status that is considered not available and the center message bar will show "Away"
Changing your Preferences for when a Status is active
- From inside the Presence Application you can control your Preferences on what will happen anytime you set a status. For each status type you can set
- Do Nothing- When using this option anytime you change to a status that has this preference set the system will not enable DND or Follow Me and calls will route no different then having no Status set.
- Follow Me- When using this option anytime you change to a status that has this preference set the system will enable your Follow Me until you change to a Status that is told to "Do Nothing" or enable "DND"
- DND- When using this option anytime you change to a status that has this preference set the system will enable your Do Not Disturb until you change to a Status that is told to "Do Nothing" or enable "Follow Me"
- Pressing the "PREF" button will bring up a list of all Statuses and what the current Preference for each status is. In our example we can see that Away is told to Enable Follow Me and DND is told to enable DND.
- Scroll down to the Status that you would like to set a Preference for and press the "Change" button and you should get the option to pick between the 3 options.
- Press the Done button when done and your preference will be saved and the next time you toggle to that status the action you defined will be taken.