Adding RESTful Application to a device requires that you have the RESTful Application Module installed along with a valid license. To purchase the RESTful Application module please see this wiki on how to Purchase Commercial Modules. You will also need to make sure you have a valid Commercial End Point Manager module and the Free Commercial RESTful API module installed.
Once all the above requirement are met you can go through the below setup.
Verify User has RESTful API Setup
- Verify the user you will be adding application to has been setup as a API user in the RESTful API module and they have access to either all modules or at the very least the module that the application will be using.
- Log into your Phone PBX Admin GUI and click on the module called RestAPI.
- On the right is a list of users who have a RESTful API account setup. Click on your user or if you do not see the user listed click the "New Token" option.
- When you edit or setup a API user you can set the following options.
- Name- A name for this user. Usually the extension number.
- Description- Optional description about this API user
- Associated User- Which Extension/User you want this key to be associated with. If the extension is deleted the key will also be removed. Also the status of the API Key can be enabled and disabled in the User Control Panel of the associated user along wth their API Tokens.
- Status- Enable or Disabled
- Users- Which user(s) data this token key can get and set. Meaning if we were using the API token here for Do No Disturb the API token would only work to receive and set DND for these users. Only set to the users you want this API token to be able to control and ususally is the same as the Associated User above.
- Modules- Which modules this users token has access to. Default is to set this to "All" modules.
- Rate Limit- How many request per hour this token user can make.
- Once done save your settings.
Map Applications to Phones
- Log into your Commercial End Point Manager and either create or edit a template for a support device. In our example we are going to pick Aastra and edit our "Sample" template. For more information on using EPM please see this wiki. For sakes of this wiki we will assume you know how to use the Commercial EPM and just cover how to add a application to a template.
- We can pick a phone model and setup a few buttons to be XML-API type. Under the Value section will be a drop down of available RESTful Apps for you to choose from.
- When done make sure to save your template and then map your devices to use this template in the Extension Mapping section.
- If you phone is external from your PBX and your PBX is behind a firewall you will need to open the RestFUL Apps port. To do this go into the System Admin module and click on the Click on the Port Management Section.
- Locate the RESTful Phone Apps Port
- From here you can change the port to be something different. Do not forget to open your firewall for this port if you will have external phones connecting to the PBX and needing access to the RESTful Phone Apps.