Adding the RESTful Application ("REST App") to a device requires that you have the RESTful Application module installed along with a valid license. To purchase the RESTful Application module, please see this wiki on how to Purchase Commercial Modules. You will also need to make sure you have a valid Commercial End Point Manager module and the Free Commercial RESTful API module installed.
If you are using a Sangoma S500 s500 or S700 s700 phone you will not need to purchase the Phone Apps module or End Point Manager Module as these modules will work with Sangoma Phones out of the box with no license purchasing needed.
Map Applications to Phones
- Log into your commercial End Point Manager (EPM) and either create or edit a template for a supported device. In our example, we are going to pick Sangoma Brand. For the purpose of this wiki, we will assume you know how to use the commercial EPM, and we will only cover how to add an application to a template. For more information on how to use the commercial EPM, please see the End Point Manager wiki.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want add Applications for.
- Scroll to the bottom of the template and select a model number you want to add a Intercom Button for.
- Scroll down the your first available Line Key that is not used
- From the Drop Down of button types pick XML-API
- You can optionally change the label name to be something different then Parking if you want. The Label is the name that will be shown on your Phone Screen for that button.
- You can now drag the button to be in a different spot. In our example we will drag Button 21 that we just setup as a Intercom button up toward the top to make it button 4 on the phone. Left click on the button and while holding down your left mouse drag the button to a different spot and release it.
- Save the Model using the
- If you go back into the model number it will show Intercom as button 4 now.
- We now need to update the phone config. Our 3 options at the bottom of the template are
- Save Template- This will only save your changed into the PBX Database but will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of End Pint Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config file for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of End Pint Manager but the phones will need to be rebooted for it to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- Will do both the Rebuild Configs option above but also update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX immediately with no need to reboot the phones.
After you have licensed Phone Apps, you need to start the demon that watches for hints the first time, as this could not be started when there was no license. This script will be auto-started any time amportal start is run, which includes on boot up.
PBX Version 13 or Newer
fwconsole restart restapps
[root@mypbx]# fwconsole restart restapps Restapps daemon stopped Running Restapps Hooks Starting Restapps daemon Restapps daemon done [root@mypbx]#
PBX Versiopn 12 or Older
[root@mybox ~]# /etc/init.d/restapps restart Shutting down REST applications daemon: [ OK ] Starting REST applications daemon: [ OK ] [root@mybox ~]#