- Log into your SIPStation.com account.
- Go to the "My Account" tab.
- You will find your SIP Username and SIP Password under the "Account Configuration" section. Take note of them as you will need to use them when you set up trunks in Switchvox.
Setting up your Trunks in the Switchvox GUI
- Log into your Switchvox server.
- Navigate to System Setup > VOIP Providers.
- Under "VOIP Providers," click on "Create SIP Provider."
- Click on the Provider Information tab and fill out the following information:
- SIP Provider Name: SIPStation1
- Your Account ID: Enter your SIP Username from SIPStation
- Your Password: Enter your SIP Password from SIPStation
- Hostname/IP address: trunk1.freepbx.com
- Callback Extension: Should be a default extension on your system as per Switchvox Requirements.
- DTMF Mode: RFC2833
- Click on the Peer Settings tab and fill out the following information:
- Host Type: Provider
- Host is a Switchvox PBX: No
- Treat system's users like local users: No
- Apply Incoming Call Rules to Provider: Verify this is set to Yes
- Click on the Caller ID Settings tab and fill out the following information:
- Supports Changing Caller ID: Yes
- Caller-ID method: From Header
- Click on the Connections Settings tab and fill out the following information:
- SIP Port: 5060
- SIP Expiry: 120
- Always Trust this Provider: Yes
- Qualify Host: Yes
- Click on the Call Settings tab and fill out the following information:
- ULAW: Yes
- ALAW: Yes
- When done, press the Save SIP Provider button at the bottom of the page to save all you settings.
- Important: Setup is not yet complete. You will need to register to a second trunk.
- Since SIPStation Service is set up with two redundant SIP Servers, you need to register to both trunk1.freepbx.com and trunk2.freepbx.com. Inbound calls can come from from either server at any time, and you can send outbound calls to either server.
- Once you have set up trunk1.freepbx.com following the steps above, please set up a second trunk to trunk2.freepbx.com.
- Use the same information as before, except name the trunk "SIPStation2" and enter "trunk2.freepbx.com" as the Hostname under the Provider Information section.
- After you have set up the second trunk, you can continue to the steps below.