- Console access via ssh
- Console accessviacommportserial
- Shell Commands via WebUI – Command Execution
- Gateway CLI Commands via WebUI – Command Execution
- Operating systemisLinux based. Therefore Linux expertise is mandatory.
Working in shell is very powerful and flexible, but also dangerous
A system can be corrupted, formatted, erased if user makes a mistake.
Connect via SSH
Use default SSH clients on any desktop
- Windows – putty
- Linux – native ssh
On login prompt
- Username: root
- Password: < your custom password >
Connect via USB Serial
- USB to Serial cable
- Use supplied usbtoserial cable
- Configure Terminal Client on Laptop
- Windows HyperTerminal
- Linux –mincomm
- Serial Settings
- 115200, N, 8, 1 vt100
- Press enter a few times until a login prompt appears.
- Loginvia: username: root, password:sangoma
Once successfully logged into the system, either via sshorusb serial, user will be offered a bash prompt.
- SBC system is based on Linux
- The initial console after login will be a bash shell
System commands are based on Linux operating systems.
Listed here aresomemost useful debugging commands.
- Provides network capture to a pcap file
- Can be analyzed usingwiresharkon Desktop or Laptop.
- Provides detail network interface information, like Ethernet link status.
- Run:ethtool for all the options
- Eg: ethtool eth0 – show Ethernet status
- Network interface statistics tool
- Shows error counters on Ethernet and TDM interfaces.
- Notice the error and overrun counters onwanpipew1g1 interfaces.
- Provides SBC CLI
Refer to the appendix for all System Commands
SBC CLI – nsc_cli
- First log into the System Console (bash)
- Once on bash prompt: run
The SBC gateway must be running and started in Control Panel.
|status||Shows SBC Status|
|showchannels||List all active calls|
|log[debug, error,crit]||Set log level to debugloglevelcritical|