Setting up a BLF Button
You can set up BLF buttons on your phone using the PBX EndPoint Manager by modifying your button layout for your Sangoma s500 or s700 Phone.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and choose the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to change a button for.
- Click on the Models menu tab at the top
- Select a model number you want to add a BLF button for.
- Scroll down the your first available Line Key that is not used
- From the drop-down menu of button Types, select BLF.
- Give the button a name (Label) that will be displayed on the phone's line key, and define the extension number as the Value you want to monitor.
You can also move the button to a different position if desired. To do this, click on the line key name, and while holding the mouse button down, drag the row to a new position (up or down). Then drop the button in the new position by releasing the mouse button.
The line key numbers will not update until after you save the model.
In our example, we have moved Line Key 21 to position 4. The original Line Key 4 appears below it, and the numbering sequence will update after we save the model.
- Save the Model using the Save Model button.
- If you go back into the model number it will show the BLF with the correct number now (4 in our example).
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.