The Remote Disconnect option affects speakerphone usage. When the remote party disconnects from the call, when disabled, the phone will play a busy tone for 2 seconds to alert you the call is disconnected.
Setting Remote Disconnect
- You can set the Remote Disconnect option using the PBX EndPoint Manager.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to modify.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- Remote Disconnect can be enabled or disabled.
- Enabled - when the remote party disconnects, the speaker phone will just turn off.
- Disabled - when the remote party disconnects, the speaker phone will play a busy tone for 2 seconds. On pages, this will also occur.
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.