The Label Scrolling option allows you to control how the phone handles labels for the line keys if they are too long to display at once. You can choose from Enable Scrolling, Disable Scrolling, or Enable Wide Labels which increases the number of characters able to be displayed.
Setting Label Scrolling option
- You can set the Label Scrolling option using the PBX EndPoint Manager.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to modify.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- There are three options available.
- Disable Scroll - Label will only display the first 8 characters.
- Enable Scroll - Label text will scroll the full text.
- Wide Labels - Label will display the first 22 characters, but will extend to the middle of the screen.
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.