The Hotline Dial option allows you to set up the phone to auto-dial a specific extension or phone number when you take the receiver off hook. This is handy in a lobby area where you can inform the caller to pick up the handset to have the call routed to a specific destination such as an extension, outside phone number, Queue, Ring Group or IVR.
Setting up Hotline Dial
- You can set up Hotline Dial using the PBX EndPoint Manager.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to modify.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- Set HotLine to Enabled. (Dark blue = selected)
- Define the phone number, extension number, or any other dial-able number on the PBX that will be called when the receiver is taken off hook.
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.