The GUI Override specifies which setting will be used, the GUI or the Config file. By default, changes made to the phone GUI are over wrote by the settings defined in the config file. If you want to be able to edit the phone settings from the GUI (not recommended), you can change this setting to GUI. Any changes made in the GUI will then be preserved after a re-provision of the phone. The only way to clear the settings is to change the override back to Config File, or Factory Default the phone.
Setting GUI Override
- You can set the GUI Override using the PBX EndPoint Manager.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to modify.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- For GUI Override, there are two settings.
- Config File - any changes made to the GUI of the phone will only be preserved until a re-provision. Re-provisioning happens every 24 hours and on reboot.
- GUI - all changes done in the phone GUI will not be over wrote by the provisioning process. Changes not modified in the GUI will be set based on the provision file.
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.