THIS WIKI IS COMPLETED
The Sangoma EHS30 Wireless Headset Adapter is used for connecting Sangoma phones to supported wireless headsets that have EHS (electronic hook switch) capability. This device allows the user to control off-hook, talk, and on-hook modes from the headset. The EHS Adapter connects between the Sangoma Phone and the wireless headset base unit.
The EHS30 Wireless Headset Adapter is compatible with the following models of Sangoma phones:
s705, s700, s505, s500, s405, s406, s500.
The EHS30 Wireless Headset Adapter is not compatible with the following models of Sangoma phones:
s305, s300, s206, s205.
To set up any Sangoma Phone with an EHS supported headset, you will need to purchase an EHS30 module. Visit our Supported Wireless Headsets wiki for a list of supported headsets.
- 3.5MM DC Jack
- RJ12 Cord
- RJ45 Cord
EHS30 Ports and Overview
- RJ-12 Port for IP Phone EXT/EHS or Expansion Module
- Operation LED
- 3.5mm DC Power Jack (for Plantronics Headsets)
- RJ-45 Jack (for Jabra Headsets)
Enable EHS Headset Mode for the Phone
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand in the menu.
- Click on the template that you want to change a ring tone for.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- Toggle the Headset Settings button to Enable. (Dark blue background = selected)
- Set where you want Ringing to be played under the Headset Ringing
- Phone- Will only ring the phone on inbound calls
- Headset- Will only ring the headset on inbound calls
- Both- Will ring the Phone and Headset
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.
- To use the connected wireless headset (instead of the IP phone handset), press the Headset button on the phone. The key will light up to indicate that you are in Headset mode. Now you can use the wireless headset. To return to normal operation using the handset, press the Headset key again. The key backlight will turn off to indicate that the headset is not active.
For more information on using the headset, please see the Headset wiki.
- If the hedset is not detected be sure you have rebooted the phone after the EHS is connected