- You can change the default background image that is displayed on your phone's screen while it is in the idle state.
- Changing the background image requires using your EndPoint Manager (EPM) module on your PBX.
Uploading an Image
- Navigate to the Image Management section found in the right-hand navigation menu in End Point Manager.
- Click on the Add Image button.
- Click on the Choose file button.
- Pick which file you want to upload.
Pictures must be a GIF, JPEG, or PNG image file no greater than 256KB. Optimal resolutions are 480x272 for the S700 and 480x320 for the S500.
- Click on the Upload Image button to save the image.
- To view or delete your uploaded images, click on the List Images button.
- From here, you can click on the image name to view the image or the trash icon
under Action to delete it.
- You can upload as many images as you want, and each template in EPM can use a different image or the same image.
Editing Template to Use a Saved Image
- Now that you have uploaded your image(s) to EPM, you need to tell one or more templates to use an image.
- Go into End Point Manager in your PBX and select the Sangoma brand.
- Click on the template in End Point Manager that you want to change the image for.
- Click on the Options menu tab at the top
- From the drop-down menu, pick the image you want to use.
- You now need to update the phone configuration file. The three options at the bottom of the template are:
- Save Template- This will only save your changes into the PBX database. It will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in the Extension Mapping section of End Point Manager. The phones will need to be rebooted in order to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- This will do both the "Save Template" and the "and Rebuild Configs" options above, and it will also immediately update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX, with no need to reboot the phones.