The NetBorder SS7 Gateway is Sangoma's Carrier Class TDM to SIP SS7 Gateway product that supports SS7, PRI, MFCR2 and SIP.
For short, it is often referred to as NSG (NetBorder SS7 Gateway).
NetBorder SS7 Gateway is available in 3 hardware appliance platforms and a software version:
- Hardware Appliance
Fully integrated Industrial grade telco appliance running a customized OS, Netborder SS7 to VoIP application and TDM interfaces configured and installed by Sangoma.
NSG Appliance provides a full-featured, carrier-class SS7 deployment while leveraging the flexibility and cost effectiveness of standard computing platforms.
Scalable 1 U appliance (up to 4 T1/E1 ports )
Scalable 1 U appliance (up to 32 T1/E1 ports)
2 U appliance with 64 T1/E1 ports
- NetBorder SS7 Gateway Software + TDM Boards
Software Application that provides a full-featured, carrier-class VoIP deployment while leveraging the flexibility and cost effectiveness of standard computing platforms and operating systems.
This option allows maximum flexibility. Customer chooses an OS and off the shelf server.
Furthermore, the NSG/NVG software application can be integrated with any thrid party SoftSwitch or SDK. (eg: Asterisk, FreeSWITCH etc)
Note: Only SS7 TDM protocol is supported in the Software version (not PRI/MFCR2).
- This is simply accomplished by combining the software with Sangoma's award-winning digital E1/T1 and transcoding boards on standard computing servers.
- The combination works as a full-fledged SS7 to VoIP gateway, with the flexibility and expandability of software.
Features / Advantages
- SS7 ISUP Signalling with several national variants
- ITU, ANSI, Bellcore, UK, China, India and Russia
- ITU, ETSI, ANSI
- Supports a wide range of SS7 PSTN protocols and variants
- Delivered as Binary, ISO or Appliance
- Scalable and very high density
- 64 E1 per server via A108/a116 cards, up to 256 s w Signalling Relay
- Flexible XML based routing rules for call control
- Flexibility of s/w not stuck with monolithic hardware platforms
- Low cost installation leveraging OST & COTS components
- Robust implementation with distribution, failover and redundancy*
- Transcoding via D-Series cards can be added to server
Network Interfaces via Sangoma Telephony Hardware
- A101D / A101DE 1-port E1/T1
- A102D / A102DE 2-port E1/T1
- A104D / A104DE 4-port E1/T1
- A108D / A108DE 8-port E1/T1
- SIP V2 / RFC3261 RFC 3261 Session Initiate Protocol
- RFC 2976 SIP INFO Method
- RFC 3398 ISUP-SIP Mapping
- RFC 3515 Refer Method
- RFC 2327 Session Description Protocol
- RFC 3581 An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Symmetric Response Routing
- RFC 3892 Referred-By Mechanism
- RFC 3891 "Replaces" Header
- RFC 3551: RTP/AVP
- RFC 3515: REFER
- RFC 2617: HTTP Digest Authentication
- SDP Bypass
- RFC 3262: PRACK and 100rel *
- RFC 4168: SCTP as Transport for SIP*
- NSG exports all SS7 parameters via SIP custom X headers.
- Configurable and extendable XML-based dial plan and routing rules
- XML Dialplan can be used to create complex routing scenarios between SIP and TDM.
- Call routing based on any call parameter present in a SS7 IAM message.
- Ability to use external applications to build complex routing logic*
- G.168-2002 with 128ms tail
- Via Sangoma hardware echo cancellation option
DTMF Detection and Generation
- RFC2833 Tone Relay
- SIP INFO
- Hardware and software DTMF detection and generation
Management and Configuration
- Web GUI
- Command line interface
- Call detail records in XML format
- Detailed logs with user configurable file size and auto rotation
Support and Professional Services
- Sangoma Engineers are here to support your success.
- Whether you need technical support and software maintenance, training, consultation and installation services, Sangoma can help you.
- Please contact your Sales representative for more information.