Phone Apps are designed to work only with Sangoma IP Phones. Please see our End of Sale notice here on Phone Apps with 3rd Party Phones.
Logging out a user from your phone
- When a device has a user registered to it, you can program a button to log out the user from the device and log in a new user/extension. Pressing the Logout application button should prompt you with a screen to select "Login" or "Logout" as shown below:
- From here you can highlight Logout and press Select to log the user out of the phone.
- The phone will now reboot and you will be prompted with two buttons to allow a user to log in.
Logging in a user from your phone
- If your phone is pointed to your PBX as the server, it should grab configs and you should be prompted on boot with two buttons to log in:
- External- The External button is mapped to your external IP Address that you have defined in the End Point Manger Global Settings. This would be used by devices that need to connect to your PBX through the external IP Address of the PBX, such as remote phones.
- Internal- The Internal button is mapped to your internal IP Address that you have defined in the End Point Manger Global Settings. This would be used by devices that need to connect to your PBX through the local internal IP Address of the PBX
- Pressing either of these buttons will launch the Login application and prompt you for your extension and password. The password by default is your voicemail password. If you do not have a voicemail box setup on your account, you would use the "User Password" as defined in the End Point Manger Global Settings. You can also optionally use the Admin password as defined in the End Point Manger Global Settings to log in any phone without knowing the voicemail password.
- The phone will then load its configuration file.