These are a set of apps that are built-in to the phone's firmware, and offer a different user experience compared to the XML-API Phone Apps. Enabling these apps is optional, and using the XML-API Phone Apps will continue to be an option for supported models if preferred. Px series phones do not support XML-API Phone Apps.
- FreePBX/PBXact - DPMA apps will only work on systems based on FreePBX/PBXact14 and up.
- Modules - Make sure the latest version of the restapps, and endpoint module are installed. For the D80 Conference app, the sangomartapi module must also be installed.
- Firmware - Make sure the phones are using the latest firmware
Compatible Devices and Supported Apps
Below is a list of Applications that are part of the DPMA Apps and features that are supported on each device.
Note: Please check additional module requirements and more details about each of the apps by clicking on app name below.
DPMA Apps works only D series and P series phones
Warning - Sangoma D80's
The DPMA Apps on the Sangoma D80 phone will only work if the Phone Apps protocol is set to HTTPS in the Endpoint Manager Template. If this option is not exposed in the EPM template, please ensure there is a valid TLS certificate defined in Certificate Manager and that Phone Apps secure https is enabled in System Admin → Port Management.
Warning - Users
Phone Apps are controlled by permissions assigned to the Users. DPMA Apps will not function properly for an extension without a Default User assigned. Make sure the extension has a user assigned to it, this could be done on Extensions > Edit extension > Link to a Default User.
|Device Series||Model Number||Visual Voicemail||Queues||Parking||Call Log||Status||Contacts||Recording|
Hot Desking (Login/Logout)
|Conference||Call Forward||Monitor Call||Smart BLF||Quick BLF VM Transfer||Bluetooth Connectivity||Wi-Fi- Connectivity|
Enable DPMA Apps in EPM
Use DPMA Apps option is disabled by default in Endpoint Manager. We have to manually enable this option. As this is a template option so we can enable/disable this option in each template as per the requirement.
"Endpoint Manager → Right Nav → Brands → Sangoma → D & P series phones → Select Template → Options → Use DPMA Apps"
If set to Enable, Dx phones will use the DPMA Apps. When set to Disable, supported models will use XML-API Phone Apps. This option is only valid for Dx series phones.
Px series phones will use the DPMA apps regardless of this setting since they do not support XML-API Phone Apps.
We are using the same permissions which we used for Phone apps, For more details please refer:- DPMA Apps Permission
Map DPMA Apps to Phones
- Go to "Endpoint Manager → Right Nav"
- Click on "Brands→Sangoma"
- Click on the "D & P series phones"
- Click on the template that you want add Applications for.
- Go to the Models section of the template and select a model.
- Click on phone model → Horizontal Soft Keys → Idle → Select the applications (application have prefix APP) → Save Model
- Now need to update the phone config. Our 3 options at the bottom of the template are
- Save Template- This will only save your changed into the PBX Database but will not write out new config files for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of Endpoint Manager.
- and Rebuild Configs- This will save your changes to the PBX Database and will also write out new config file for the phones that are using this template as mapped in Extension Mapping section of Endpoint Manager but the phones will need to be rebooted for it to retrieve the changes.
- and Force Update- Will do both the Rebuild Configs option above but also update any phones that are mapped to use this template and currently registered to the PBX immediately with no need to reboot the phones.