The SIP Refer Support object pane can configure the following functionality:
- Enable or Disable the SIP REFER Call Transfer functionality -and-
- In an ISDN to SIP or SS7 to SIP scenario, the user can configure a delay between receiving the 200 OK message on the SIP side and transmitting the ANM or CONNECT message to the TDM side.
When the REFER Support field is Enabled, the IMG 2020 has the ability to act as either a Transferee or a Transfer Target when used in a SIP REFER Call Transfer scenario (It cannot be used as the Transferor). The SIP REFER Method uses the Refer-To Header to pass contact information such as the URI provided in the initial request. Refer to the information below to configure the SIP REFER Support object pane.
Web GUI Page
Dialogic > Profiles > SIP Profile (SGP) > New SIP REFER Support
Max SIP SGP objects within Web UI
1 SIP Refer object can be created per SIP Profile (SGP) object.
Related Topics and Dependencies
The SIP Profile (SGP) must be created first. Once the SIP Profile (SGP) object is created, the SIP REFER Support object can be created under it. The SIP Profile (SGP) object can then be linked to an or .
Disabled (Default) - SIP Refer feature is Disabled.
Enabled - When Enabled is selected, this enables the following two functions:
- The SIP Refer Support functionality is enabled. Contact information such as the URI INFO will be passed in the Refer-To Header field.
- The Delayed Answer Support field below changes from shaded green to shaded white and the Delayed Answer Support functionality can then be modified.
From Header in Invite triggered by REFER
Caller A connects to caller B through IMG 2020.
Referred-by header (Default) - If Referred-by header (default) is selected, the From user in the INVITE sent to Caller C due to REFER message sent, will use the Referred-By user.
Original Caller - If Original Caller is selected, the From user in the INVITE sent to Caller C will be Caller A if Caller B sent back REFER; the From user will be unavailable if Caller A sent back REFER.
Delayed Answer Support
Disabled (Default) - The Delayed Answer Support is disabled. The IMG 2020 will immediately send a CONNECT message after receiving a 200 OK message.
Enabled - The Delayed Answer Support is enabled. When the Delayed Answer support is enabled the CONNECT or ANSWER message is not sent immediately. Instead the SIP device transfers the call to a new destination. When transfer target answers the call, the ANSWER or CONNECT message is then sent back to the original PSTN caller.
Delayed Answer Timer (mins)
The Delayed Answer Timer field which was added in Release 2.2 SP1, configures the number of minutes to wait between receiving the 200 OK message from the SIP leg and sending the CONNECT or ANSWER message to the TDM side. The values range from 1 to 10 minutes and the timer is set by default to 1 minute when first enabled. To enable the Delayed Answer Timer field, the following fields need to be enabled first:
- In the SIP REFER Support field select Enabled from the drop down menu. This will open the next two fields so they can be modified.
- In the Delayed Answer Support field, select Enabled from drop down menu. This will now enable the Delayed Answer Timer field.
- In the Delayed Answer Timer field select from the drop down menu the number of minutes to wait before sending the CONNECT or ANSWER message.
Disabled (Default) - The Referred-by Passthrough is disabled.
Enabled - The Referred-by Passthrough is enabled.
ATT TR50075 UUI Encoding
Disabled (Default) - The functionality is disabled.
Bin - User-To-User information is passed in the FACILITY message in BDC format.
Hex - User-To-User information is passed in the FACILITY message in ASCII format.
ATT TR50075 Protocol Discriminator
This field adds the possibility of adding a protocol discriminator in the FACILITY message.