Pages in this Section
Please Rate This Page
Recently Changed More
- Sun May 13, Content changed by leo
- Mon Apr 30, Title changed by leo
- Mon Apr 30, Content changed by leo
Use Sangoma Hardware for your Asterisk Solution
If you require TDM, VoIP, or GSM capabilities, Sangoma hardware is fully integratable into your Asterisk solution. Hardware uses Sangoma's universal software driver called Wanpipe, which configures the entire environment for production setup. The driver also contains robust debugging utilities used to monitor and quickly diagnose issues.
For more information on the Sangoma driver click on What is Wanpipe ?
The diagram above shows a high level view of how Sangoma hardware works in an Asterisk environment. The Sangoma driver (Wanpipe) allows the hardware to plug into the Dahdi signaling layer, which is used by Asterisk. The sangoma driver works with all Dahdi/Zaptel signaling versions
Please note: Sangoma Voicetime (UT50/51) and Transcoders (D100/150/500) use a customer device driver found here
Sangoma Hardware and software Driver are compatable with:
- ALL official releases of Asterisk and Dahdi.
- All official Linux Kernel versions
- It is recommended to use the latest official release of the Sangoma Driver with your Asterisk solution
Hardware Compatability and Usage
All Sangoma Hardware is compatable with your Asterisk solution
- Sangoma A200/A400/B600/U100 FXO,FXS cards will connect Asterisk directly with POTS lines. You can also use these cards to connect internal analog phones and fax machines to Asterisk.
- Sangoma A10X T1, E1 cards connect Asterisk directly with a T1/E1 connection. The connection can go to ether telco or another PBX.
- Sangoma A500/B500 BRI cards will connect Asterisk to a BRI connection. The connection can go to ether telco or another PBX.
Installation & Configuration