Using the ISO + Boards, you can build your own transcoding appliance using off the shelf hardware.
This option is very attractive in regions with import barriers or for customers that are looking to build/brand/oem their own appliance.
This procedure explains how to install the software on your appliance.
To perform the install process you will have to follow these steps:
- Required material
- Create the installation disk
- Prepare appliance
- Install new software
- Install license
- Configure the appliance
- The whole procedure takes between 30-40 minutes to complete.
To build your own NetBorder Transcoding Gateway Appliance you will need:
- Workstation with a WEB Browser
- Blank CD ROM disk
- CD-ROM burner with the appropriate software to burn an ISO image to a CD-ROM drive
- PC based server
- 4 GB of RAM
- Intel Quad Cores I5 or Quad Cores I7 2nd Generation >= 2.2GHz
- Hard drive >= 30GB
- CD/DVD ROM drive
- 1 GbE Interface
- 1 or 2 PCI-Express x1 slots with room for full length and full height cards
- Video card
- USB Keyboard and Mouse
- Monitor with proper connector
- One of the following:
- 1 x D500-100e or
- 1 x D500-500e or
- 2 x D500-500e
- 2 or 3 Ethernet cables
- LAN 1 GbE switch with at least 3 free ports
- No USB installation option is available.
- The ISO will install a Linux distribution which may not work on all servers (unsupported video cards, unsupported Ethernet Controller). Contact email@example.com if you are having issues to install the ISO on your selected server.
To create the installation disk please download the ISO image from our ftp:
Burn the ISO image to a blank CD ROM.
- Turn off the server
- Connect the monitor to the DVI/VGA interface
- Connect the USB keyboard/mouse to any USB interface available on the server
- Connect an Ethernet cable between the server Ethernet port LAN switch
- Insert the D500 cards in the available PCI express slots (IMPORTANT: don't connect the cables yet)
- Power up the server and insert the CD-ROM contain the new software version image in the CD/DVD ROM drive
- Turn off the server
- Turn on the server
The server will boot up from the CD-ROM drive by default and lunch the NetBorder installation software.
You should see the following screen on the monitor connected to the server.
To install the software:
1. Hit the [Enter] Key
2. Wait until the installer ask you to select the Keyboard Type (~2 minutes)
3. Hit [Enter] key to select "US" keyboard type
4. Type "Install" and hit [Enter] key 2 times to confirm install
5.Select Manual IP configuration (NTG application does not support DHCP)
a) Use up/down arrows to move cursor on Manual Configuration
b) Press [space bard] key to select the manual configuration
c) Use up/down arrows to set focus on OK button
d) Hit [Enter] key
6. Enter default manual IP configuration as shown below
Make sure you enter the values specified in this procedure. The configuration instructions are based on these values.
7. Enter host name
8. Enter default root password: sangoma
9. Wait until the installer ask you to restart the system (~2 minutes).
10. Remove CD ROM from the server
11.Turn off the server
12. Disconnect monitor
13. Disconnect USB keyboard and Mouse
14.Turn on the server
To install the license, follow the instructions available here.
The server now contains the new software version configured with the default factory settings. To configure the server parameters, you have to:
- Connect to the WEB UI as described in the Getting Started section here and configure your server.
- Connect one Ethernet port to the primary port of the D500 cards to the LAN switch (IMPORTANT connect only one port per D500 card)