Pages in this Section
- Session Border Controllers
- NetBorder Lync Express
- NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateways
- Vega Gateways
- Vega 100/200/400 (PRI)
- Vega 50 (Analog/BRI)
- Vega 5000 (FXS)
- Vega 400 SBC
- Vega Legacy Products
- Vega How To
- Vega FAQ
- Vega Tools
- Digital Boards
- Analog Boards
- Hybrid Boards
- Data Cards
- Media Transcoding
- Voicetime USB Sync
- Netborder Appliances
- USB FXO (U100)
- T1/E1 Tapping Solution
- Fax Sync Solution
- Cable Pinouts
- Installation Manuals
- Hardware Production Test
- Vega Video MCU
Please Rate This Page
Recently Changed More
- Mon May 7, Content changed by marc
- Sat Mar 31, Title changed by ncorbic
- Wed Jan 11, Content changed by marc
Vega T1/E1 ISDN & Trixbox
1) Log into your Trixbox UI then select "PBX" from the top menu. Then go to the "Trunks" section and click "Add SIP Trunk" to create the SIP trunk to connect with the Vega.
2) Once the trunk is created just simply add the info circled below. Also in the peer details insure the "host" is changed to the IP of the Vega gateway. Note the dial rules may need to be changed, you can use the dial rules Wizard to do so.
3) Next in the incoming settings fill in the info that is circled and also in the peer details insure the "host" is changed to the IP of the Vega gateway. Once done click "Submit Changes".
4) Once changes are submitted you need to apply them, click on "Apply Configuration Changes" in the top of the Trixbox UI.
5) Then click "Continue with reload" as shown below to apply the changes.
6) Next go into the webui http://<IP of Vega>/ . The default user is admin and password is admin.
7) Once in the webUI go into Quick Config as shown below.
8) Click "Continue" on the screen below.
9) Next go to "Basic Config" and set the country to the country the Vega is located in. Once done click Submit.
10) Next go to "VoIP" tab and fill out the info circled below. Replace the IP 192.168.1.133 with the IP of your Trixbox. Once done click Submit.
11) Next to configure the Vega's E1/T1 links go to "Expert Config -> E1/T1". You can leave the settings as shown below, if you have issues with CID you should set the Network Protocol to that of the telco's switch; the telco will have this info. Also as shown below any links that are not being used have enable set to "off". Once done with the config click Submit.
12) Next go to "Expert Config - > Dial Plan" and click Modify on the To_E1T1 rule.
13) Now edit the first rule to have the source field of "IF:99..,TEL:<.*>" so this way any calls from SIP will take this rule and go out interface 1986.
14) Next go to "Expert Config -> Dial Plan" and click Modify next to the To_SIP rule.
15) Once in the To_SIP rule change the source field to be "IF:0401,TEL:<.*>" then click submit.
16) Now that all changes are completed click the "Apply Changes" button and follow the steps. Then click the "Save" button and follow the steps. Everything should be completely setup at this point.