- User Manual
- Getting Started
- Dial Plans
- Operating the Gateway
The NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateway is Sangoma’s Carrier Class TDM to SIP VoIP Gateway product. For short, it is often referred to as NSG.
NSG is released in three flavors:
- NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateway Appliance
Fully integrated Industrial grate telco appliance running a customized OS, Netborder SS7 to VoIP application and TDM interfaces configured and installed by Sangoma.
NSG Appliance provides a full-featured, carrier-class VoIP deployment while leveraging the flexibility and cost effectiveness of standard computing platforms.
- NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateway ISO + TDM Boards
Integrated operating system and NSG application that provides a full-featured, carrier-class VoIP deployment while leveraging the flexibility and cost effectiveness of standard computing platforms.
Allows customers to simplify the installation and configuration of their systems, as all components are already pre-installed and configured to work correctly.
- NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateway Binary Application + TDM Boards
Software Application that provides a full-featured, carrier-class VoIP deployment while leveraging the flexibility and cost effectiveness of standard computing platforms and operating systems.
This option allows maximum flexibility. Customer chooses an OS and off the shelf server.
Furthermore, the NSG Binary application can be integrated with any thrid party SoftSwitch or SDK. (eg: Asterisk, FreeSWITCH etc)
The NetBorder SS7 to VoIP Gateway allows telecom service providers to introduce VoIP in their networks in the most cost-effective and flexible way.
- This is simply accomplished by combining the software with Sangoma’s award-winning digital E1/T1 and transcoding boards on standard computing servers.
- The combination works as a full-fledged SS7 to VoIP gateway, with the flexibility and expandability of software.
The solution supports up to 32 E1/T1 per server.
For larger installations (up to 256 E1/T1), distribution across multiple servers provide maximum flexibility to support growth.
Features / Advantages
- SS7 ISUP Signalling with several national variants
- ITU, ANSI, Bellcore, UK, China, India and Russia
- Supports a wide range of SS7 PSTN protocols and variants
- Delivered as Binary, ISO or Appliance
- Scalable and very high density
- 32 E1 per server via A108 cards, up to 256 E1’s w Signalling Relay
- Flexible XML based routing rules for call control
- Flexibility of s/w – not stuck with monolithic hardware platforms
- Low cost installation leveraging OST & COTS components
- Robust implementation with distribution, failover and redundancy*
- Transcoding via D-Series cards can be added to server
Network Interfaces via Sangoma Telephony Hardware
Up to 32 E1/T1 (960 ports) per server via digital hardware:
- A101D / A101DE – 1-port E1/T1
- A102D / A102DE – 2-port E1/T1
- A104D / A104DE – 4-port E1/T1
- A108D / A108DE – 8-port E1/T1
Extend capacity over 960 ports and single server via ISUP relay feature.
Sangoma recommends hardware echo cancellation option.
- SIP V2 / RFC3261 RFC 3261 Session Initiate Protocol
- RFC 2976 SIP INFO Method
- RFC 3398 ISUP-SIP Mapping
- RFC 3515 Refer Method
- RFC 2327 Session Description Protocol
- RFC 3581 An Extension to the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) for Symmetric Response Routing
- RFC 3892 Referred-By Mechanism
- RFC 3891 "Replaces" Header
- RFC 3551: RTP/AVP
- RFC 3515: REFER
- RFC 2617: HTTP Digest Authentication
- SDP Bypass
- RFC 3262: PRACK and 100rel *
- RFC 4168: SCTP as Transport for SIP*
- NSG exports all SS7 parameters via SIP custom X headers.
- Configurable and extendable XML-based dial plan and routing rules
- XML Dialplan can be used to create complex routing scenarios between SIP and TDM.
- Call routing based on any call parameter present in a SS7 IAM message.
- Ability to use external applications to build complex routing logic*
Wide Range of codecs support via Sangoma Transcoding Hardware (D100/D150/D500):
- G.168-2002 with 128ms tail
- Via Sangoma hardware echo cancellation option
DTMF Detection and Generation
- RFC2833 Tone Relay
- SIP INFO
- Hardware and software DTMF detection and generation
Management and Configuration
- Web GUI
- Command line interface
- Call detail records in XML format
- Detailed logs with user configurable file size and auto rotation
Operating System Support
Tested and Supported
NSG Binary Application has been fully certified to work on:
- Centos 5.X 32/64Bit
|CentOS(Recommend)||32/64 Bit||Compatible - CentOS 5.5 is always fully regression tested||Developed,Tested And Most Production Systems Using This Distro|
|Debian||32/64 Bit||Some features may not be available. Release version can effect compatibility.||Some Production Systems On This Distro.|
|Ubuntu||32/64 Bit||Some features may not be available. Release version can effect compatibility.||Some Production Systems On This Distro.|
|Other Distros||n/a||This is a case by case biases and may not work.||We Strongly Recommend Moving To CentOS If Your Distro Of Choice Is Not In The List Above.|
Minimum Server Requirements
- Varies with size of deployment
- Dual Core CPU with 2 GB of RAM for 8 T1/E1 Spans.
- Quad Core CPU with 4 GB of RAM for 16 T1/E1 Spans.
- Dual Quad Core CPU with 8 GB of RAM for 32 T1/E1 Spans.
- Consult Sangoma Sales for specifics
Recommended Off the Shelf Servers
- HP DL360-G7
- HP DL380-G7
- Dell PowerEdge R-Series (R610)
Support and Professional Services
- Sangoma Engineers are here to support your success.
- Whether you need technical support and software maintenance, training, consultation and installation services, Sangoma can help you.
- Please contact your Sales representative for more information.
* Features on the roadmap